The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $360,000 in November 2014 compared to $350,000 during November 2013.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that sold was 43 in October 2014 vs. 51 in October 2013.
– There were 39 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 69 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are in contract which represents 27% of the overall available inventory of 260 homes.
– Average days on the market: 136 days.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1772 High Meadow Trl at $899,900. You’ll find craftsmanship throughout this incredible custom home built in 2008. 4 large bedrooms with large bonus room/Mother-in-law quarters with kitchenette and private entrance. Huge fully fenced backyard with RV or Boat parking with easy in/out access, perfect for days on the lake or snowmobiling on the nearby trails. This beautiful property features 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 car garage and 3,510 sf of living space (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 3765 Alder Ave listed at $194,500. This adorable Tahoe cabin is very close to the lake, Heavenly mountain & sells furnished! Fully fenced yard and a storage shed. This home was built in 1950, featuring 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom and 532 sf of living space. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home on 853 Merced Ave listed at $389,900. A quintessential Tahoe cabin within a few short blocks to the shores of Lake Tahoe and within walking distance to shopping. Inviting back yard featuring a brick patio and large family hot tub.Throughout the home, old Tahoe charm greets you with visions of yesteryear. This cabin has a successful vacation rental program. It home features, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,280 sf of living area and it was built in 1951. (schedule a showing).