The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is getting low so as long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $330,000 in September 2015 compared to $340,000 during September 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 95 in September 2015 vs. 65 homes sold in September 2014.
– There were 66 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 79 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 26% of the overall available inventory of 308 homes.
– Average days on the market: 88 days.
– From the 308 homes currently on the market, 4 of them are distressed properties: 2 short sales and 2 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 3799 Overlook Ct listed at $1,599,000. Breathtaking lake and Heavenly Valley views! This luxury modern mountain home is merely a minute or two from the California Lodge, Ski Run Marina, Stateline and Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. Masterfully crafted floor plan and impeccably designed inside and out. Grand foyer, elevator, 5 bed / 6 bath – Including three separate suites. Open, upstairs living with gourmet kitchen, pantry, bbq deck, large game room, wet bar, two laundry rooms, walk-in closets, hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, wood-clad windows, and hot tub. This home features, 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 4,268sf of living area and it was built on 2007. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was a condo at 2055 12th St #3 listed at $155,000. One of the nicest condos in Tahoe! This gorgeous 2 bedroom unit has a great open floor plan. You will love the lush common area for all to enjoy. The perfect in town location with easy access to the bike trails and the beaches. This condo features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 976sf of living space and it was built in 1995. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 1392 June Way is this month’s winner. Watch the skiers enjoying Heavenly Mt. Ski Resort from the comfort of your front deck and living room. No need to bother with cars – just walk to the slopes. This sunny home features an open and flowing floor plan highlighted with vaulted ceilings, lots of windows and an abundance of storage. This home features, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,000sf of living area and it was built on 2000. It is currently listed for $599,000. (schedule a showing).