The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $372,500 in March 2015 compared to $365,000 during March 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 45 in March 2015 vs. 53 in March 2014.
– There were 105 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 59 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 25% of the overall available inventory of 232 homes.
– Average days on the market: 94 days.
– From the 232 homes currently on the market, 6 of them are distressed properties: 4 short sales and 2 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 2157 White Sands Dr listed at $2,285,000. This Luxurious Tahoe Keys waterfront property is located at the end of White Sands Drive. This recently remodeled and well maintained property has an open floor plan that is perfect for entertaining. The upper and lower decks and picture windows take advantage of the mountain and wide water views. This beautiful property features 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 car garage, 3,688sf of living space and it was built in 1983. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1014 Ski Run Blvd #18 listed at $175,000. This street level townhome is located just below Heavenly Ski Resort and a short stroll down to Lake Tahoe, shopping and dining. This home features 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, 832sf of living space and it was built in 1972. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 590 Cochise Cir is this month’s winner. A home like no other available with refreshing architecture & a rare assemblage of fine materials & uncompromising attention to detail. A chef’s dream, the kitchen tenders select Cherry cabinetry with light antiquing & professional grade appliances. This home features, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,940sf of living area and it was built in 2011. (schedule a showing).