The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been steady. The inventory of homes is lower than last year, however as long as interest rates remain the same home prices should continue to increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $475,000 in May 2017, compared to $415,500 during May 2016.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 49 in May 2017 vs. 76 homes sold in May 2016.
– There were 123 new listings entering the market this month, showing that the market is experiencing an upturn in inventory compared to last month.
– There are 34 South Lake Tahoe, CA homes for sale that are under contract which represents 27.64% of the overall available inventory of homes listed in May.
– Average days on the market: 57 days.
– From the 123 homes listed during May, none of them were foreclosures and none of them were short sales.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1991 Aloha Dr, selling for $2,995,000. Lakeviews and wide West Channel location set this Tahoe Keys home apart from others. It’s exceptionally large dock will accommodate any luxurious yacht plus several water toys. This home has been pridefully maintained by a fun loving family. With 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, family room, office and cheery kitchen there is space for everyone to enjoy family gatherings and peaceful privacy. The rooftop deck provides magnificent 360 degree views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly Valley and the surrounding picturesque mountains. Sunsets are sensational from the overwater deck. Enjoy an evening cocktail or dinner on the water. An oversized garage stores the many toys needed to enjoy all water sports. Don’t miss this opportunity to live in this coveted location. This home was built in 1989 and is a 5 bedroom / 4 bath / 2 car garage home. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this year was 1223 Bonanza #16 listed for $134,900. END UNIT with Street View! Nice, clean, well maintained unit ready for you to move-in! Two bedroom, one bath unit with covered parking. Great, in town location – walk to shopping, restaurants, and night life. 10 mins to Heavenly Ski Resort and the shores of Lake Tahoe! At this price, you CAN afford Lake Tahoe. HOA does not allow vacation rentals. This property is 879sf and was built in 1965.(schedule a showing)
This Month’s Must See
The choice for home of the month for May was easy, with a central location, updated interior, and affordable price, this home is by far worthy of our pick of the month for South Lake Tahoe. 1101 Herbert Ave is just a few minutes from Heavenly Mountain Ski Resort and Lake Tahoe. This newer built home is surrounded by some of the best activities South Lake Tahoe has to offer. A spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, includes a 2 car garage, and large backyard. Great for entertaining friends and family. This home makes for a spectacular First Home, Vacation Getaway, or Rental. Comes fully furnished and Move-In Ready. My favorite feature of this home is that it is perfect for any function. That’s what makes this our pick for “Must See Home of May” (schedule a showing)