The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is very low. As long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $371,500 in April 2016 compared to $365,000 during April 2015.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 54 in April 2016 vs. 49 homes sold in April 2015.
– There were 68 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 75 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 39% of the overall available inventory of 190 homes.
– Average days on the market: 102 days.
– From the 190 homes currently on the market, 5 of them are distressed properties: 1 short sale and 4 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1656 Skyline Dr $1,499,000. This one-of-a-kind Tahoe home presents luxury through and through. The dramatic entry, flanked by two double garages, leads one into a foyer then to a masterpiece. The views of Mt. Tallac, Lake Tahoe golf course and even a peek of the lake, will take your breath away. Every room throughout this home is spacious. The living room features vaulted ceilings, luxurious carpeting and a massive stone and wood-burning fireplace. This home features, 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 4 car garage, 5,395sf of living area and it was built on 2003.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 859 Clement St listed for $255,000. Charming Gardner Mountain cabin backing to a peaceful forest setting. Offering 2 bedrooms with many upgraded features including a new kitchen, new tiled bathroom, tile floors, lighting and more. Enjoy perfect summer days and nights relaxing on the large back deck with open forest views. This home features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 500sf of living space and it was built in 1955.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’. A home at 2106 Mewuk Dr is this month’s winner. Custom home backing to National Forest. An amazing 26,355 sf lot gives the feeling of privacy while situated in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in the county. Imagine walking out your back door to miles of trails. This home features open floor plan with large windows overlooking the mountains of Tahoe. This perfect Tahoe getaway sits in the quiet neighborhood of North Upper Truckee just a little over 15-30 minutes to three major ski resorts. This home features, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3,526sf of living area and it was built in 1994.