The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is very low. As long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $453,500 in March 2016 compared to $292,500 during March 2015.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 54 in March 2016 vs. 46 homes sold in March 2015.
– There were 64 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 61 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 26% of the overall available inventory of 232 homes.
– Average days on the market: 73 days.
– From the 232 homes currently on the market, 11 of them are distressed properties: 3 short sales and 8 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 22 Lighthouse Shores Dr listed for $3,850,000. One of the most coveted locations on the shores of Lake Tahoe and Tahoe Keys. The private location offers a sandy beach with awesome mountain and lake views. This home was designed for making family memories and escaping from the hustles and bustles of life, and it’s located just minutes from skiing, shopping, entertainment, grocery stores and restaurants. This home features, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 3,306sf of living area and it was built on 1979.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1057 Mohawk St listed for $124,800. This foreclosure home is a contractor’s special. This cabin needs a mountain of renovations! For the heavy duty project minded buyer or investor looking to build sweet and sweat equity. Close to lake Byron for fishing, tennis courts and hiking trails right off cul de sac street. This home features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 car garage, 952sf of living space and it was built in 1961.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’. A home at 1955 Brule St is this month’s winner. Prospects of owning your Tahoe vacation retreat at an affordable price just got a lot brighter. This cabin is simply fun to show. Located adjacent to a US Forest Service lot, this charmer features ground floor living with an open living room and kitchen, guest bath, laundry and a master suite all on the main floor. Throughout the home, one will find open beam pine ceilings. The living room features a centrally located gas fireplace surrounded by a brick hearth and a built-in book case. This home features, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,368sf of living area and it was built in 1969. It is currently listed for $369,950.