The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is very low. As long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $355,000 in February 2016 compared to $325,000 during February 2015.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 54 in February 2016 vs. 35 homes sold in February 2015.
– There were 55 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 58 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 32% of the overall available inventory of 179 homes.
– Average days on the market: 128 days.
– From the 179 homes currently on the market, 8 of them are distressed properties: 4 short sales and 4 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 651 Alpine Dr listed for $1,274,000. Fabulous planning, design & construction went into this home. Large U shaped boat dock with space for multiple boats. Well placed windows throughout the home provide great natural light yet maximize privacy at the same time. The kitchen is a natural gathering place that leads into a very open great room with multiple window views of the water & features a free standing gas log stove. The large upstairs master bedroom extends into the corner turret which provides fantastic 180-degree mountain and waterfront views for a relaxing sunlight filled atmosphere. This home features, 5 bedrooms,4 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,919sf of living area and it was built on 1996.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1223 Bonanza Ave #23 listed for $137,500. Condo unit located in the Cote D’Azure complex. Both bedrooms have wonderful views of the Bonanza Park next door. Great location within the HOA complex. Property is centrally located in the Y neighborhood close to shopping, restaurants, bike trails, ski resorts, beach access and much more. This condo features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 841sf of living space and it was built in 1965.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’. A home at 1159 Nottaway Dr is this month’s winner. Privacy is treasured on this tranquil county property with Conservancy owned parcels to the right and rear. Completely updated less then 3 years ago this home is in immaculate condition with quality finishes throughout. Enjoy quiet evenings under the stars in the hot tub within a private, fenced backyard. An upstairs great room with vaulted ceilings doubles as a gaming/family area with pool table and wet bar that tenders striking mountain views. This home features, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 3,010sf of living area and it was built in 1968. It is currently listed for $460,000.