The US 50 / South Shore Community Revitalization Project (also known as the Loop road project) is a community development project that addresses contemporary affordable housing needs, economic development catalyst needs, pedestrian, bike, and transit needs, auto needs, environmental improvement for water quality, green house gas reduction, other air quality improvement, and scenic improvement consistent with the City of South Lake Tahoe and Douglas County Master Plans, Local Area Plans, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Land Use Plan.
A community meeting about the project is being held on Wednesday, February 10th from 4:30pm-7pm at the South Tahoe Middle School located at 2940 Lake Tahoe Blvd. in the Multi-Purpose Room Gym. Information on this project is available online at http://www.tahoetransportation.org/us50. The meeting will feature a presentation of the project.
Questions about the project are being taken in advance. You can submit your questions to:
Tracy Franklin at email@example.com
Questions must be received by 5pm on February 8th.
Here’s a list of some of the benefits that will be provided by this project:
- Realigning traffic would reduce commercial core congestion. Fewer idling vehicles would also cut emissions for better air quality.
- Walking, biking and reliable transit would be popular transportation options on a safer, “Main Street” with community gathering places.
- Commercial core revitalization would increase visitor spending and catalyze substantial, adjacent private construction investment.
The project is not only intended to revitalize the South Shore of Lake Tahoe but will also integrate with numerous existing and planned Projects including the following:
• Nevada Stateline to Stateline Bikeway – South Shore Demonstration Multi-use Trail from Stateline to Round Hill Pines Resort
• Harrison Avenue Improvement Project
• US 50 Water Quality and Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Project – Ski Run to Trout Creek
• Linear Park Multi-use Trail
• Van Sickle Bi-State Park
• Transit Shelter and Service Improvements
• Kingsbury Grade Improvement Project
• South Tahoe Greenway (future)
• Lake Tahoe Passenger Ferry Project (future)
Join the community meeting or visit their website for more information http://www.tahoetransportation.org/us50