The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is very low. As long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $395,000 in January 2016 compared to $380,000 during January 2015.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 40 in January 2016 vs. 46 homes sold in January 2015.
– There were 44 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 57 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 33% of the overall available inventory of 175 homes.
– Average days on the market: 104 days.
– From the 175 homes currently on the market, 6 of them are distressed properties: 4 short sales and 2 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1599 Venice Dr. One of the most sought after locations in the Keys with fabulous views of the Meadow, the Mountains and the Lake. This home has been beautifully remodeled and comes with some of the wonderful furnishings. Step out to your backyard where you will find your own boat dock with quick access to the lake.This home features, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,643sf of living area and it was built on 1990.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1200 Wildwood Ave #3. Condo in Heavenly Valley. Centrally located less than a mile away from Heavenly Ski Resort, a short bike ride to the shores of Lake Tahoe, and a few minute drive to the Casinos. This home features central vacuum, ground level entry, carport, fireplace, exterior storage closet, and bar seating. Priced aggressively so new owner can personalize with updating the interior. This condo features 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathroom, 936sf of living space and it was built in 1972. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 1195 Timber Ln is this month’s winner. Located between Vail’s Heavenly Valley World Class Skiing and 24 hour State Line exciting entertainment and gaming. Open living room with vaulted ceilings up to guest loft. Double garage and a lovely forested back yard. This particular floor plan is the best in the neighborhood. Tahoe Tyrol AMENITIES include pool, spa, clubhouse deck with a lake view setting. This home features, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 1,673sf of living area and it was built in 1979. It is currently listed for $460,000. (schedule a showing).