(This month’s post goes specially to Guilherme Claro who enjoys reading our market update every month. Thank you for your support!)
The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is very low. As long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $389,900 in November 2015 compared to $360,000 during November 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 43 in November 2015 vs. 42 homes sold in November 2014.
– There were 40 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 46 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 21% of the overall available inventory of 220 homes.
– Average days on the market: 124 days.
– From the 220 homes currently on the market, 7 of them are distressed properties: 4 short sales and 3 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 5 Lighthouse Shores Dr listed at $2,950,000. Elegant Mountain Tahoe Keys home linked to the shores of Lake Tahoe by its own gated drive and the Common’s beach a few feet away. With forever views of Tahoe, Sierra Sunsets, Pope Beach and Meadow plus a mile long lagoon, its finely finished in mahogany, granite, redwood, oak and stone.This home features, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,996sf of living area and it was built on 1984.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was a condo at 1681 Choctaw St listed at $285,000. Delightful cozy cabin on a quiet county street located within minutes to Sierra at Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Golf Course. Ready to move in cabin sells furnished with a mountain theme. Plenty of open space around and a warm feel with vaulted ceilings and wood beams throughout the main living area, a very open and inviting space. This home features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 816sf of living space and it was built in 1965.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 625 Tahoe Island Dr is this month’s winner. Adding to the already quiet setting along the 600 block of Tahoe Island, this home also backs to acres of National Forest that lead directly to the lagoons along Venice Dr in the sought after Tahoe Keys. This lot also provides quick access to the bike trail along Emerald Bay road that leads to Camp Richardson Resort and some of the best beaches in Lake Tahoe. This home features, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 3,055sf of living area and it was built in 2015. It is currently listed for $798,000.