The South Lake Tahoe housing market is currently steady. The inventory of home is getting low so as long as interest rates remains the same home prices should continue to slowly increase.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $353,000 in October 2015 compared to $352,500 during October 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 73 in October 2015 vs. 76 homes sold in October 2014.
– There were 47 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 62 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 25% of the overall available inventory of 244 homes.
– Average days on the market: 110 days.
– From the 244 homes currently on the market, 4 of them are distressed properties: 5 short sales and 2 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 2041 Aloha Dr listed at $2,149,000. Waterfront residence with architectural flare and design features second to none. The beautifully crafted remodel blends warm woods, soft colors, handsome tile and stone to create this unparalleled mountain retreat. Imagine entertaining family and friends in the great room living area where 24 foot beamed ceilings and a wall of windows join together forming a perfect waterfront setting. Cozy master suite boasting captivating lake and mountain views. This home features, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,550sf of living area and it was built on 1980. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was a condo at 1117 Dedi Ave listed at $125,000. Hard to believe at this price but it is truly a fee simple cabin with loads of potential for the future. Buy low and remodel to your heart’s content. Yes it is small but there is a full living area, kitchen, separate bedroom and bath. This home features 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 373sf of living space and it was built in 1958. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 1135 Acoma Cir is this month’s winner. This new construction custom home is designed to feature contemporary design with mountain lodge flair. From the lofty pine ceilings to the hardwood floors, it is obvious that the contractor took great pride in the quality and finish work throughout. Whether a permanent or vacation get-away, this home offers the ideal retreat. This home features, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,771sf of living area and it will be finished in 2015. It is currently listed for $759,000. (schedule a showing).