The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. The inventory has been increasing and we’re seeing new listings coming up on the market everyday. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition for buyers is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $386,000 in June 2015 compared to $330,500 during June 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 63 in June 2015 vs. 56 in June 2014.
– There were 117 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 55 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 14% of the overall available inventory of 390 homes.
– Average days on the market: 76 days.
– From the 390 homes currently on the market, 11 of them are distressed properties: 6 short sales and 5 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 20 Lighthouse Shores Dr listed at $4,495,000. Cape Cod inspired Lake Front Home in the private gated community of Lighthouse Shores. Unique peninsula location fronting both Lake Tahoe and a sheltered lagoon w/private boat dock. Front porch with waterway and Mt. views. This beautiful property features 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 car garage, 3,490sf of living space and it was built in 1980.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was a condo at 516 Emerald Bay Rd #304 listed at $124,900. Studio condo in St Francis, end unit on the ground floor. Great for the avid Tahoe adventurer only minutes to Lake Tahoe beaches for summer fun and close to the ski resorts for the winter. Step out your front door and enjoy a cool dip in the pool or hike up to Fallen Leaf Lake through the forest service trails adjacent to the complex. This studio features 1 bathroom, 480sf of living space and it was built in 1972.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 3075 Jacarillo Trl is this month’s winner. Take a deep breath and feel rejuvenated when you retreat to this spacious and classic Tahoe chalet. This affordable Montgomery Estates home features soaring pine ceilings, a floor to ceiling rock fireplace hearth and some of the biggest bedrooms around. Outdoor recreation is abundant with nearby forested trails and Heavenly Ski resort and Lake Tahoe beaches within a few short minutes. This home features, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 1,712sf of living area and it was built in 1979 and it’s currently listed for $435,000.