The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. The inventory has been increasing and we’re seeing new listings coming up on the market everyday. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition for buyers is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $365,000 in April 2015 compared to $355,000 during April 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes that sold was 49 in April 2015 vs. 53 in April 2014.
– There were 107 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 48 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 17% of the overall available inventory of 286 homes.
– Average days on the market: 76 days.
– From the 286 homes currently on the market, 10 of them are distressed properties: 5 short sales and 5 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 841 Lakeview Ave listed at $1,495,000. Unobstructed views of Lake Tahoe grace this unique estate. Perched on the bluff and steps to the lake & Regan Beach,this original 1935’s chalet style home with separate guest quarters has recently been updated in keeping with the true charm of Old Tahoe. This beautiful property features 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 car garage, 2,537sf of living space and it was built in 1935. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1044 Cellador Rd listed at $149,900. This fixxer upper home features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 416sf of living space and it was built in 1947. (schedule a showing).
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 991 Kekin St is this month’s winner. 991 Kekin exemplifies what Tahoe living is all about. Not only does this custom mountain-style home feature contemporary design elements such as granite counters, stainless appliances, vaulted pine ceilings and a gas fireplace with a river rock surround, it offers the ultimate in tranquility. Step out the back door and you’re entering national forest withing steps to the Truckee River. This home features, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,760sf of living area and it was built in 2004.