The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $375,000 in January 2015 compared to $310,250 during January 2014.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that sold was 45 in January 2015 vs. 44 in January 2014.
– There were 33 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 59 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are under contract which represents 24% of the overall available inventory of 241 homes.
– Average days on the market: 116 days.
– From the 241 homes currently on the market, 14 of them are distressed properties: 7 short sales and 7 foreclosures.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 3371 Lake Tahoe Blvd #11 listed at $1,489,000. This fabulous lakefront home is situated at the Sierra Shores, South Tahoe’s newest and finest luxury home development. Sierra Shores is a gated, secure enclave of luxury and privacy with a most convenient location.This beautiful property with stunning lake views and just steps from the beach features 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1 car garage, 1,787sf of living space and it was built in 2006.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 1057 Mohawk St listed at $130,000. This home is a major fixer upper with mold problems, but it would make a great investment for the savvy investor. This home features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 952sf of living space, 3 car garage and it was built in 1961.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home at 957 Colusa St listed for $529,000 is this month’s winner. This is the ideal home for recreation & sun worshipers looking for quality and quiet surroundings. Located across from National Forest, access to the Truckee River and trails for hiking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing are close by. This home features, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, 2,361sf of living area and it was built in 2000.