The South Lake Tahoe housing market has been stable. We have a considerable amount of inventory and the competition is currently low.
The Numbers Month to Month and Year to Year
– The median sales price for South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale was $352,500 in October 2014 compared to $350,000 during October 2013.
– The number of South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that sold was 76 in October 2014 vs. 60 in October 2013.
– There was 57 new listings entering the market this month.
– There are 89 South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale that are in contract which represents 27% of the overall available inventory of 330 homes.
– Average days on the market: 113 days.
A few highlights of the current South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale are shown below.
This Month’s Most Expensive
The most expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 336 Ala Wai Blvd #274 at $849,995. This beautiful lakefront condo was recently updated with dual pane windows, granite counter-tops and pine wrapped beams. This turn-key property features 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 1,638 sf of living space.
This Month’s Least Expensive
The least expensive new listing that entered the market this month was 2055 12th St #3 listed at $179,000. Great in town location with easy access to the bike trails and the beaches, this condo features 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 976 sf of living space.
This Month’s Must See
There were some great South Lake Tahoe, CA Homes for Sale to consider for this month’s ‘Must See’.
A home on 1916 Koyukon Dr listed at $688,000 is this month’s winner. Rustic, richly finished cedar siding and shingles are enhanced by dramatic roof lines that exude quality and offer a premium of appeal from the curb. Upstairs living includes a classic Tahoe great room with natural stone fireplace and rustic maple floors that leads to an enormous 2nd story composite deck with provisions for an outdoor kitchen. This new construction home is scheduled to be finished in 2914 and it features 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 car garage and 2,673 sf of living area.