By Paige Tepping
RISMEDIA, September 7, 2010–As the iPhone continues to grow in popularity, especially within the real estate sector, it is crucial that real estate agents and consumers alike are aware of the numerous apps that have been created to make both sides of the transaction a little bit easier.
According to the experts at Realty Press, the following real estate apps should be on every real estate consumer’s iPhone.
1. Zillow – Zillow’s iPhone app is the number one real estate app on iTunes in addition to being named the “best real estate app” by O’Reilly Media.
Features of the app include:
-See Zestimate values of any home
-Search homes for sale, Make Me Move homes, homes for rent and more
-Filter searches by price, beds, bathrooms and more
-Search by monthly payment
-View full-screen color photos
-Save favorite homes and searches
-Get notified when new results come in
-E-mail homes to a friend
-Share homes on Facebook and Twitter
For all U.S. homes (93+ million): Find Zestimate home values, homes for sale, homes for rent and more as you walk or drive through neighborhoods using the Zillow iPhone App, featuring built-in GPS technology.
View multiple high-resolution photos side-by-side as you window shop through neighborhoods, touch and expand a “photo stack” to peek inside a home and save any home you like by dragging and dropping it into your favorites.
2. ZipRealty – Look through your phone and instantly discover which homes near you are for sale or have been sold recently with ZipRealty’s HomeScan.
Tap your screen to easily view details of any home you see with HomeScan, including the asking or sold price, photos, distance from you and more with this powerful augmented reality real estate app. Complete home information—prices, photos and more—also available on homes for sale in more than 4,000 cities through the company’s GPS-enabled mapping feature.
Features of the app include:
-See over one million MLS-listed homes for sale including photos, price and more
-Multiple updates daily with newly listed, price-reduced and foreclosures
-Access to “My ZipRealty”: your saved and favorite homes from ZipRealty.com
-Search by zip code, price, location, size and more
-HomeScan: augmented reality app (requires 3GS)
-GPS-enabled and location aware with driving directions
-Search recently sold home prices
3. Realtor.com has more listings (4+ million), and updates them more often (every 15 minutes) than any other site. Features include: map search, saved searches and listings synchronized with the website, private ratings and notes and the ability to share listings with your friends, agent and social network.
With this app you can:
-Instantly access over 4 million homes for sale
-Show homes for sale in any city or in your current location on a map instantly
-Multiple photos, property details, open house information and pricing on nearly any home for sale
-Sign-in to access your saved searches and listings (automatically synchronized between the phone and your account on the Realtor.com website)
-Create and save private ratings and notes for promising listings
-Share your favorite listings with friends and family, your agent or social network
4. WhereRHomes for the iPhone automatically finds near-by homes that are for sale, in the foreclosure process or for rent using your location. When in a neighborhood, easily find near-by real estate of all types.
-It’s simple. Just press the icon and your iPhone provides near-by for sale, foreclosure and for rent homes.
-It’s fast. Designed for fast downloads by the basic information on the first page. If a property interests you, you can then get photos, details and website links.
-WhereRHomes displays up to 25 homes nearby, eliminating the need to drive around and look for real estate signs. Displays only the homes close to where you are based on your iPhone’s GPS information.
-You can customize it. You decide which homes you want maps, photos and more information on.
-Direct links to the home’s website, which includes all the available information for rental properties, for sale properties and foreclosures.
5. Redfin provides all the details and photos on every home for sale and then allows you to add your own pictures and notes.
Redfin is only available in:
-Bay Area, Sacramento
-Seattle and Western Washington
-Washington D.C., Baltimore
-Westchester County, Long Island
-Portland and Western Oregon
6. StreetEasy Real Estate for the iPhone allows you to search for real estate listings across New York City, Northern New Jersey and the East End of Long Island, including the Hamptons and the North Fork. Use your iPhone to help you in your apartment hunt in the most competitive market in the nation. This app provides deep and transparent information and offers a detailed view of every listing and every building you pass.
-Search for listings near your current location and find out what it would cost to live in a neighborhood you are visiting.
-Get information on any building by simply typing in the building name or address. You will then be provided with all the listings available in that building, as well as a description and market data summary.
-See detailed information about an apartment—description, photos and other listings in the same building. E-mail or call agents directly from the application
7. Trulia’s iPhone app enables you to find homes for sale that are perfect for you. With one tap, you can see all the homes for sale nearby and can browse through open houses to help plan your afternoon. Scroll through the big color photos, get the details on every home and scope out the neighborhood by viewing the results on a local map. Trulia’s mission is to help people make better real estate decisions by being able to:
-Find homes for sale near you using iPhone’s built-in location finder
-Tap quick links to see every nearby open house
-Login and save your favorite homes on the iPhone and on www.trulia.com
-See all the results on one local map or get driving directions from Google maps
-Get detailed price history and send trends for every property
8. Homes.com. Use this speedy application to search for your next home using your iPhone or iPod Touch. A touch or two on your screen creates a custom search of nearby homes for sale or rent. You can also see detailed lists or search by maps, and quickly refine your search by price, property type, features and more.
-Instantly find nearby homes or rentals with iPhone location finder
-Find homes in cities around the nation with the advanced home search
-Drag or pinch it—quickly zoom and navigate neighborhoods with interactive maps
-Bookmark your favorite Homes.com properties
-Easily share properties with friends and family
-Get fast driving directions from wherever you are
-Search by MLS number
When you find a home you like, it’s easy to dive into the details with Homes.com. Check property features, scroll through photo slideshows and contact real estate agents by phone, e-mail or text.